- Sow watermelon seeds (2-4) by the 10th. Wait until mid-month to plant beans (lima: bush 40, pole 20; snap: bush 50, pole 20), broccoli (3-5), celery (8-10), collards (8-10), corn (15-20), cucumbers (3-4), eggplant (2-3), onions (fresh 15; storing 20), peppers (3-5), squash (4-6) and tomatoes (fresh 3-5; storing 5-10).
- Plant basil, chives, dill, mint, oregano and sweet marjoram.
- Pears should be ripening - pick early to avoid rot and browning.
- Harvest winter-chilled pineapples.
- Sow vegetable and herb seeds for fall transplants.
**I'm planning on doubling the amount of collards so that I have enough for the chickens.